*

website statistics

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blogger Arrested

In the top right corner of this blog you will see some other blogs that I am doing. Some need a lot of work but one into which I put some effort is London Daily Photo. When I began setting up LDP on Blogger I quickly realized that this was not a unique idea --- a picture a day posted from one's hometown. There are bloggers all over the world doing the same thing.

There are a number of sites dedicated to following and publicizing these daily photo blogs and I am a member of some of them. One my favorites is City Daily Photo. I had problems getting my RSS feed to work properly but with the assistance and encouragement of the folks behind the site I got correctly connected.

Today I read an upsetting announcement on City Daily Photo: Amir Sadeghi, who blogs on Word Press, was arrested in Tehran by Iranian Security Forces who took the daily-photo blogger from the office of the Farhang-e-Ashti newspaper. I gather he may have been a journalist at the Iranian paper.

According to City Daily Photo, this brings the number of journalists arrested in Iran to 55.

Other CDP blogs are also publicizing this man's arrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment